'Tis the Season. All the critics are making their lists of the year's best and worst books, and checking them twice. BookRiot, Goodreads, and Publisher's Weekly have all decided the best books of 2012. Amazon, of course, has your bestsellers (bet you can't guess who won! Hint: it starts with an "F" and ends with "-ifty Shades of Grey"). About.com rounded up their "most disappointing" books of the year, and GalleyCat has made a "mix-tape tribute" to the most underrated. And because we're always thinking of the children, NYPL has a list of 100 must-read children's books published this year.
Give the Gift of Lit. Speaking of lists, here are some handy gift guides for book lovers of all sorts.
- HuffPo rounds up some "quirky" and "stylish" accessories
- If you feel like getting crafty, Martha Stewart has some DIY suggestions
- LA Times has ideas for sci-fi fans, history buffs, and audio book lovers
- Gawker.com knows what to get for the millenial in your life
- And some ideas from Book Riot for the indy Hobbit-obsessed