We are looking for a highly organized self-starter with a way with words to help keep our young company growing. The job, which involves a broad range of administrative and professional responsibilities, is ideally suited for someone a few years out of college with an entrepreneurial knack, a keen interest in the craft of writing, and a can-do attitude.
Here is the full job description. Please feel free to share it with your networks and help us spread the word.
SUMMARY: Gotham Ghostwriters, New York’s only full-service writing firm, is looking for a highly organized self-starter with a way with words to help keep the company growing. We are a lean two-person shop that recently turned two years old, and the associate’s job involves a broad range of administrative and professional responsibilities to be expected at a young pioneering business. It is ideally suited for someone a few years out of college with an entrepreneurial knack, a keen interest in the craft of writing, and a can-do attitude.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The associate will work closely with the president in managing the firm’s daily operations, developing new business, supporting and servicing clients, and overseeing relations with our team of writers.
Among other things, the associate will be responsible for:
• Arranging the president’s schedule
• Billing clients, paying our writers, and maintaining our books
• Researching new business opportunities
• Initiating contacts with prospective clients
• Drafting pitches, proposals, and agreements
• Managing and writing for the company blog
• Recruiting writers to work with the firm
• Assisting our writers with research projects
QUALIFICATIONS: Strong writing, organizational, and people skills are the top prerequisites for this position. In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
• 2-3 years experience working in a related field (PR, publishing, literary agency) and participating in business pitches
• Working familiarity with the Quickbooks accounting program or basic knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping
• Some experience writing/maintaining a blog, managing databases, and using a Mac
• Creative ideas for expanding the firm’s brand awareness and reach
COMPENSATION: Salary and commissions to be negotiated. Health insurance provided.
APPLICATIONS: If you are interested in being considered for this position, please email your resume and at least three representative writing samples to: